News & Events
The latest information
Grain Processing Site Manager
Great Tew Grain Processing Ltd is a grain handling and processing business with drying, cleaning and grain analysis facilities. Based at Quarry Farm on the Great Tew Estate, the 35,000t of grain processed on the site is done so on behalf of Cefetra Ltd. Our Grain Analysis Laboratory has modern equipment and the capacity to test a wide range of combinable crops.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team, on a permanent full-time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of the site, to meet the commercial requirements of the business whilst maximising efficiency and upholding quality, health & safety and environmental standards.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hardworking individual to join our small, dedicated team. There is a requirement to be physically fit and experience of operating machinery and fixed plant & equipment would be useful.
Role and responsibilities
- Site Management with all aspects of Grain Storage (Weekly monitoring and the management of grain in store)
- To comply with Health & Safety and TASCC regulations including record keeping.
- Day to day operation of the grain processing site.
- Communicating with hauliers, merchant, colleagues.
- Lab testing, accurate record keeping and participation in proficiency schemes.
- Ensure general housekeeping and hygiene of the site is maintained.
- Use of a telehandler/loading shovel for loading out grain
- Store and machinery maintenance and operation of conveyors/elevators/drier using a control panel
- Applicant needs to show initiative, responsibility, and good communication skills.
- Workshop/Mechanical skills (desirable)
- A full UK driving license
- Loading shovel/telehandler license (desirable)
- Farming background/knowledge would be beneficial but not essential
- A training budget will be made available to help you develop your skills.
- Excellent, modern facilities in a beautiful location.
- Opportunities to get involved with other enterprises on the Estate.
- Competitive salary plus overtime.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team on the Estate.
Call 01608 688930 for more information
Please email your CV to email@example.com